3some was created for the Linux Game Jam 2019. It's based on 3some JS, which I've written a few years ago.
I've made this game using LÖVE 11.2 on Linux. It should work fine with LÖVE 11.x on Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. I've also tried it on Android, but at least on my tablet LÖVE seems to run not-so-stable and battery-unefficient.
There are 81 unique cards that differ by four criteria: number, color, shape and fill of the shown symbols. 15 cards are shown at the same time. Find out three of them in which each of the four criteria are either all the same or completely different. Such a matching set of three cards is called a "3some" (or threesome). If you found one, it will be removed and you get three new cards. This goes on until either all 81 cards are used or it is impossilbe to find another 3some.
If you are new to this game and have problems finding a matching 3some, the hint button helps you (for a small time penalty of course).
The game can be controlled completely with mouse. But as an alternative you can also use the keyboard:
- F5 or n - start a new game
- Esc or p - pause the game
- F1 or h - get a hint for the next move
- F8 or r - show the rules/help
- Arrow keys - move the card marker
- Return or Space - (de)select a card
- F7 or s - (de)activate sound
- F11 or f - toggle fullscreen
- F9, i or a - about the game
- F10, x or q - quit the game
- minor fixes and optimizations
- performance update, mouse handler changes
- fixed performance issues caused by the font handling
- removed TTF fonts usage
- fixed the window position, when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode
This game comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. It is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under the conditions of the GNU GPL v3.
To access the source code of the game, just unpack the file 3some.love with any ZIP compatible software.
The only external resource I use is Card Game sounds, Copyright © HaelDB.
The Linux Installer is uses MojoSetup, and the Windows setup uses InnoSetup.